Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ambergate Closing

Posted by leftwood z4a MN (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 1:07

Some of you probably already know that this is the last season for Ambergate gardens retail nursery, just outside of Victoria, and west of the Arboretum. If you like the choice perennials, this is the place that has them. Starting today, Tuesday, all stock is 25% off and if you print the letter found at their website (ambergategardens.com), you can get another 10% discount if you bring it with. All the info you need is on the website.

The owner, Mike Heger, is well known in horticultural circles here, and his time bringing the cool plants to us, the public, is much appreciated.

I was there today, and inventory is full. Not a lot of things flowering like in the glitzy nurseries or big box stores (you'll be disappointed if you want perfect looking plants), but lots of healthy interesting species and varieties that you won't find anywhere else in retail.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ambergate Closing

Rick - thanks for the info

o

Boy-I sure wish I was anywhere close. Their prices were a;ready pretty low to begin with. A good chance to load up on hardy Hibiscus and Asters.
No-I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

o

The first time I picked up Thalictrum kiusianum, Allium maximowiczii 'Alba', Liatris microcephala and Mukdenia rossii 'Karasuba'. I went back today to get a male and female Thalictrum dasycarpum and Scilla numidica. He said the Scilla is stock that originally came from Dr. Snyder. Still a whole lot there, and LOTS of different hibiscus.

o

I was there just a little over a week ago and picked up some new friends for my garden. I'm going to miss them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here