Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Weed Control question....

doucanoe
15 years ago

I live in the woods and have been trying to make perennial beds along the edge of the yard backing up to the woods. The problem is woodland weeds that I feel like I am constantly battling. (Including stinging nettles.)

I lifted the entire bed on the east side of the yard. I want to replant it after doing something to help keep the weeds down.

A friend of mine recommended Preen because you can work it into the soil and it will kill weeds but not plants/trees. My neighbor uses Round-Up but you have to be so careful not to get any on anything you do not want to kill.

I realize both of these are toxic chemicals and would prefer not to use something that can wash down the hill into our wetland area. However, I am clueless in the area of eco-friendly weed controls that really do the trick.

I thought of lanscape cloth, but I have had mixed results with that, and I can't see that as a very "green" alternative, either.

If I have to use chemicals, well, so be it. But I though I'd check here for ideas first. I simply can't keep up in the battle of weeds here in the woods!

Thanks, Linda

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington