Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantorvillain

Fall Plant Exchange?

mantorvillain
11 years ago

Will we be having a fall plant exchange? I have a number of nice new brug cuttings rooted I would love to share.

I could host one but live down in Mantorville and most attendees seem to be from the cities' area and I'm uncertain folks would want to drive this far.

Let's get the ball rolling to see if there is interest.

Will

Comments (9)

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

I am interested.. Think someone volunteered last spring to host but if that no longer works I am willing to host again.

Will, I dug up most of my brugs yesterday as expecting frost tonight. A few are blooming and will cover them.

• mantorvillain
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yup! I spent most of the day: move 2 brugs in 15 gal tubs into the garage, then take a few hanging things in the house, then dig one of the brugs in whisky barrel....repeat the sequence! My feet are now up and you better know I'm gonna sleep deeply tonite.
    I thought Tammy was going to try hosting but all our lives/work change so let's see who else chimes in.
    will

• KittyWitty
    11 years ago

I have stuff to exchange... was going to post them to Craigslist if no one is hosting this fall. The weather looks warmer after tonight, though I am busy on Sundays.

phlox eve cullum (pink with red center)/white/lavender
    yarrow pink tones
    yarrow pastel tones
    yarrow moonshine (yellow)
    mum shefield pink

bearded iris (yellow w brown falls)
    tangerine iris (leftover from another trade)

seeds: pink morning glory, giant amaranthus, candy/leopard lily

plants + cuttings from zonal geraniums red/bright pink/forgot the rest

canna lily bulbs

tropical king tut grass (I am going to try to overwinter a section as a house plant but big enough to split several ways)

• maile_2010
    11 years ago

I would be interested in attending again. I also have many rooted Brugs. Covered all the Brugs last nite. I also have many cuttings as we sold our home and have to be out Oct. 13 and have to down size a little. I am half way through of taking a clump from each of my 200 hostas I will be taking with me. Have many Coral Bells and Foamy Bells also to share and take with. New owners said I can come back in the Spring and get more.
    Jerry

• KittyWitty
    11 years ago

continue from last post:

also lots of biennial forget me nots - will bloom next spring (shade)

false dragonhead - pink, red bee balm, catmint walker low, regular catmint (only 1 avail)

• KittyWitty
    11 years ago

If anyone wants to exchange or would like something on my list, feel free to contact me directly (also if there is no exchange event this fall). I am in New Brighton (north or Roseville). email is my.orange.chair@hotmail.com

• a.girl.named.max
    11 years ago

We would be interested in a fall exchange depending on the date.

Max and Eric

• mnwsgal
    11 years ago

I haven't heard that anyone is hosting a fall swap and I am not available the first two weekends in October so looks like it is not going to happen this year.

• mantorvillain
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That's too bad...and I'm tied up the last 2 weekends.
    On the other hand it may make next year's spring exchange even better. To that end people who have things to trade can leave them in pots and bury them over the winter. I did this with some swap stuff last year and It worked great.
    See everyone in the spring I hope.
    Will

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz