Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain barrels in Rochester?

Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 07 at 15:03

And speaking of rain.... which it is still doing btw.... Does anyone know of a good source for rain barrels in Rochester? I'm pretty sure I can find them at Fleet Farm, but anywhere else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain barrels in Rochester?

As windy as it has been, just wait. They will come to you. That is where I got my send barrel. Somebody's large plastic trash barrel, I'm sure. One evening it was in my front yard. I left it sit in the front yard for several days. Then I moved it out onto the boulevard. Still no takers. So it became my second water barrel. (The lid must have gone a different direction.)

Since that time I have written my address on my trash barrels and on the lids. I would have returned the barrel if I had any idea where to take it. Carmellia

o

• Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 2, 07 at 23:10

LOL Carmelia! If one comes to me, I gaurantee that it will never leave (at least not so long as it rains like it has lately) 'cause it will be full of water and way tooooo heavy to ever blow anywhere else again! I have to admit to finding trash can lids, and a blue plastic tarp in my yard after windstorms of the last few years, and some other oddes and ends too!

o

Check with places that have swimming pools. The blue barrels may be available and can be rinsed out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here