Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Thanks again, Helen!

doucanoe
15 years ago

Just got home from the fall swap with my wagon-load of new stuff for the garden!

It was really great to meet the folks I hadn't met before and visit with old friends.

I am totally in awe of Helen's gorgeous gardens and her lovely home. Thanks again Helen for hosting another fun, successful swap!

Linda

Comments (11)

• Julie
    15 years ago

Yes- Thank you very much Helen for welcoming us into your home and gardens! You have an amazing place there- thank you for sharing it with us- and for hosting this years MN GW Forum Fall Swap.
    My thanks also to all who came and brought your great plants, your friends and their great plants too! I will look forward to seeing my selections grow and bloom and spread so I can share them on.
    I am still stuffed from the great foods brought and shared as well-
    See you all next year at the seed swap??
    I hope so!

Julie

• may8
    15 years ago

Helen,

Thank you so much for hosting! You are a great host with great gardens and a great home! Thank you every one for the great food and great plants. I had a very good time visiting with you and enjoying Helen's garden. What a beautiful neat place! It is fun to learn about new plants and remedies such as planting chrysanthemum to discourage mosquitos and killing creeping charlies with borax.

Thanks again,
    May

• lillyann70
    15 years ago

Helen,
    It was a fun day from the beginnig toast, to the garden, until we all headed for home with our new treasures. Thank you for the lovely day, sharing your beautiful gardens and home with us. Thanks to eveyone who brought a part of their garden to share. I was able to get most everything planted this afternoon except for the pussy willow. I apologize but I can't remember who brought it and I can't remember where would be the best location for
    it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for a wonderful, educational day.
    Cheryl

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

My thanks to Helen for hosting and to all attending for sharing your garden plants.

Cheryl, I brought the pussy willows. My bush was here when we moved in and is on the north side of the house. I keep it pruned to about 5 feet so it doesn't block the office window view of the birdfeeders.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pussy willows

• heleninramsey
    15 years ago

You're welcome all...

Thanks to you for the new plants, the conversation, the yummy food, the new ideas and knowledge you shared.

What a gift to sit at a table with people whom you have just met, and feel as though you have known them for years.

A gift I treasure...

Talk to you online, and see you at future swaps, Helen.

• selkie_b
    15 years ago

So sad to have missed it, but there were obligations elsewhere! Glad you all had such a lovely time and I'll see you for the seed swap!

-Marie

• jel48
    15 years ago

Sounds like you all had a great time. I wish I could have been there!

• heleninramsey
    15 years ago

So do we....your name came up in convesation often :-)

Helen.

• adamterrie
    15 years ago

I also had a great time at the swap. The fact that I got to watch much of the first half of the Gopher's football game at your house (Helen) prior to the swap, made the event even more fun. I wait with anticipation for both the spring and fall GW swaps, and am never let down . . . it was a good time . .

- Adam

• mamma2max
    15 years ago

Helen,

Posted a thank you on the MN Exchanges but then didn't see it later. So...Again - thank you so much for letting us come enjoy your beautiful garden! It was my first swap and I am definitely looking forward to the next!

Angela

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

I am checking in to see if I am hosting the seed swap. Did it get talked about?

zen (aka Pauline)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?