Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
master gardener

Posted by johnnordlund 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 25, 09 at 18:06

im thinking about going throught the master gardener program through the u of m.... just suprised of cost..... has any one ever went through the program and is it a good exp..????? and so on

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: master gardener

I took the core course last winter. I loved every minute of it. I took the course online. I've become very involved with the MG group, met some great people and have logged over 80 hours so far. It's something I had been considering for several years. I'm very glad I did it.

o

I am a new Master Gardener and I loved the "live" classes at the U of M. The monthly MG meetings almost always have excellent speakers and there are lots of different volunteer jobs to do (I have more choice now in my second year, but it was easy to get the first year's 50 hours.) You will learn a ton, especially from working with other Master Gardeners. It is important to be someone who genuinely enjoys volunteering and answering people's questions and working with others on gardening projects. Anything specific you wanted to know about?

o

I too hightly recommend the program. You meet new friends who have your passion as well. The updates and classes are very interesting. The hours are not too hard to get and.... I guess I cannot say enough about how great the whole MG program is...
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here