Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie_mn

ID help please-

Julie
17 years ago

I took a "stroll" for lunch today and ended up stuffing every peice of paper large enough to fold and hold seeds I could get my hands on- I tell you those lovely containers in the full sun are just RIPE for the picking!!

I found 2 grass like plants and a tree pod I have never seen before and am hoping you all can help to id from my discriptions-

One grass was about 12-18" tall- dark shiny green- upright main stem with leaves coming out like upside down umbrella wires all the way up the stalks- growing in a clump formation- with grass type seed coming off of the stalk where the blade met the stalk.

Another grass? type plant was 4-5' tall, in a clump formation, with a tube like stalk and a 8-12" round strucure almost like an expolding firework at the top of the stalk, similar to a GY-MORMUS allium- except the tips of the ball structure had grass type seeds swaying on tiny little stems. This thing was impressive!!

The tree had seed pods like small not quite ripe bananas! It had small little leaves growing opposite each other with a single leave at the tip of the leaf "stalk" which came off of the main branch-

And no- just in case you were wondering after reading this- there were not any mind altering substances set loose at work today- These things are real and growing in Saint Louis Park for all to see- and gather seeds from....

Any ideas what these may be?

Thanks so much!

Julie

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz