Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnwsgal

September 24 GW Fall Swap

mnwsgal
12 years ago

What: Fall Swap

When: September 24, 10:00 a.m.

Where: Maple Grove near intersection of I-94 and I-494.

I will send directions to my home and phone number

to those who can attend. Please post here and/or

send me an e-mail.

Bobbie

Comments (15)

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have sent e-mails to those who expressed interest in swaps.
    If you are interested and didn't receive an e-mail let me know.
    Bobbie

• zenpotter
    12 years ago

Bobbie,

Please add me to the list and thank you for sending out the emails.

Pauline

• zenpotter
    12 years ago

Those of you that know my garden is there anything you can think of that you want?

Pauline

• may8
    12 years ago

Hi Bobbie, thank you so much for hosting and for sending us email. I plan to come. Pauline, the thyme that you gave me did not survive. If you have more to spare, please bring some for me. Do you have clematis too? I like very fragrant flowers and fruits too. Does any one has elderberry? I have one which blooms but never set berries. I probably need another one. A cut leave one will be nice. What do you want me to bring?

• jel48
    12 years ago

Bobbie, Gary and I really wanted to come (especially since we had to miss the spring swap this year) but it's not going to work out. We don't know about the grandbaby yet, of course, but I found I'm going 'on call' for work on Wednesday and will be on until the following Wednesday. Cell phone access is hit and miss along the way (especially through rural MI and WI) so there's no way I can make the trip while on call. We're both disappointed. We had a number of plants (Foxglove, Lupines, Primroses, and little oak trees) all potted up and ready to go. Most perennials live happily in pots through the winter here (under all that snow) so I guess those of you who make the spring swap next year can probably expect to see them there!

Enjoy the swap everyone. We will miss you!

• Julie
    12 years ago

Oh- Joyce- What a bummer! It will be that much more special when you can come back again-

• lazyweeder
    12 years ago

Bummer Joyce...almost made a trip up there to see you guys.

I'll be at the swap...thanks for the email.

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Glad to know that you, Pauline, May, Julie and Dave are coming. So far, we have ten people who have said yes and several others that are maybe. This will make a good swapping group.

Others are welcome to come spur of the moment. I'm in the phone book under Cal and Adyle Cooper if you need to call for directions.

We will miss you, Joyce and Gary, and look forward to visiting with you at the next spring swap.

Weather is supposed to be beautiful with a high of 70 and sunshine.

• zenpotter
    12 years ago

Have you sent out directions? I haven't gotten them.

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did not send out driving directions as figured people would Google map it from the address which has been sent.

Anyone wanting driving directions should send me an e-mail and I will send them to you.

• zenpotter
    12 years ago

Bobbie,

Well yesterday I got my plants cut back and ready to pot today. I took a tumble down my hill into the alley now my whole body hurts. Thankfully no real damage, I am accident prone so I have learned how to fall. We are moving in the spring and main item on our search for a new home is that the yard is flat. I hope to get my niece here this weekend to dig plants and move them to my sisters yard. She is going to establish a new garden bed with some of my plants and will hold plants for me to move to my new home.Fortunately my niece is a horticulture major at the U of M and works at the information desk at Bachman's so she knows what she is doing.

A long way to say I don't have even one plant in a pot. Thus I am not going to be there tomorrow. I am going to stay at home and rest my poor body.

• mnwsgal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So sorry to hear about your fall, Pauline. I also have learned how to fall and keep damage to a minimum but as I age I am more concerned about trying to prevent those falls. You have made a wonderful garden on your steep hill but understand your wanting to find a less hilly yard. Glad your niece is able to help pot and hold plants for you.
    If you need more help please let me know as I am very experienced in potting plants up and holding them over the winter. I'm sure I could find a place for "Pauline's holding bed'.

We will miss you Saturday morning.

• mantorvillain
    12 years ago

I'll be bringing brugs again.
    we just moved a small house next door (I live in the historic district) which is supposed to be the earliest example of Greek Revival architecture in MN (mid 1800's far as we can tell). I'll be making my 'pickup' runs at the swap this year looking for plants suitable for landscaping around this little house. It also gave me an excuse to pry out and divide some waaaay overgrown daylily clumps some of which I'll try to bring along to the swap also.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Will

• Admit1
    11 years ago

I am up for this if you are ok with a new comer.

How does all this work? Can you go over the basics?

• Admit1
    11 years ago

nvm just noticed its old post

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus