Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Posting a photograph on GardenWeb

jel48
16 years ago

For those how have asked how to do this.

First of all, it is best to display photos that are no more then 800 pixals in width. This is because if they get any larger, not everyone will be able to display the full photo on their screen. I'm not including directions on how to resize a photo in this post, because those directions are going to vary, depending on the software you have available on your PC. If any of you don't know how to do this, let me know and I will create another posting with directions on resizing photographs, using the applications I have available on my PC. Then maybe others, who use different applications, could add directions for those applications and we might end up with a pretty comprehensive listing of instructions for resizing.

I use photobucket for storing my images online (the ones I want to display on GW). You may be able to use other online storage locations, but I've not had any luck with it, and a Photobucket basic account is free, plus they make it easy for you by displaying the text you're going to need to copy into your GW post in order to make the photo show up.

So, first thing you need to do is go to http://photobucket.com/ and create an account.

Once the account is created, you can use the photobucket upload function, which allows you to browse down to the desired PC folder and select the photo you want to upload. Here's a pic of that part of the screen:

Once the photo is uploaded to photobucket, look for the options listed below it. Use the one labeled as an HTML tag. It looks something like this:

Copy that entire string, beginning with into your GW post. Once you've taken the option to [Preview Message] in GW, you will see your photo displayed in the message. If it doesn't show up in the preview, it won't show up in your post. This is what will happen if you copy the wrong string from below your uploaded photo in photobucket.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH