Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carmellia_gw

Pumpkin Fudge

carmellia
16 years ago

Here's another way to use up all that pumpkin when you harvest.

It is a bit less sweet than regular chocolate fudge, but it is incredibly buttery, even though I used three-quarters of a stick of butter instead of the whole stick called for. I will admit that I did use half-and-half instead of milk, so it probably turned out the same, butterfat-wise.

I did let my pumpkin drain for a long time. How long it takes to get to 234 degrees will probably depend on how moist your pumpkin is.

I did not use the full teaspoon of spice. Next time, I will. I give this 3 stars. I won't make it as often as I make chocolate fudge, and I probably will use most of my pumpkin up on pies, bars, and coffeecakes, but I will definitely make this fudge again.

Enjoy! Carmellia

PUMPKIN FUDGE

3 Cups White Sugar

1 Cup Milk

3 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup

1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree

1/4 Teaspoon Salt

1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice

1 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract

1/2 Cup Butter

Instructions:

Combine sugar, milk, corn syrup, pumpkin, and salt in large 3 quart saucepan; mix thoroughly. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil mixture without stirring until it reaches 234ÌF (110ÌC) or until a small amount forms a soft ball in cold water.

Remove from heat and stir in the spice, vanilla, butter. Let cool until lukewarm (about 110ÌF (45ÌC)). Beat the mixture until it becomes very thick and loses some of its gloss.

Quickly pour it into a buttered 8 inch square pan. When firm, cut into squares.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH