o
Is anyone having the winter seed swap

Posted by cheri_mn_524 zone4 -MN (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 29, 08 at 12:35

If no one else wants to I will...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is anyone having the winter seed swap

Sounds like fun. What part of Minnesota do you live?

o

I am already hosting it at my home in South Minneapolis, I live a 5 min drive North of the Mall of America.

o

YAY! Haven't seen you in forever :) Your house is so lovely too :)

-Marie

o

I decided the only way I would get to a trade was to host it. It seems that whenever there is a trade I can't make it for one reason or another. I am looking forward to seeing you all.

Thanks for the complement on the house. I have added three tall outdoor sculptures that I am eager to have the group see.

o

Hey there Cheri- Marie and Pauline, the hostess with the most-ess!!
And Hi to you Peggy!! It would be great to have you join us at this years Winter Blues Seed Swap!
The Winter Blues seed swap is certainly a very fun way to "Garden" in MN in winter!! We gather our seeds, clean and pack them up into smaller "single serve" packets- and share!! And talk- and share- It is fun to talk about the gardens- how and when to plant seeds- Wintersowing- and other stuff too- and did I mention how GREAT the food is? Oh yah!! It is a great garden gathering to garden together, in MN, in winter, in true "Pot Luck" fashion!
It is usually in January on a weekend after the holiday busy-ness is over- I bet Pauline will post before this month is over when it will be so we can all plan ahead to attend.
Bring a friend (and their seeds too!)- make it a "Weekend Away" spend the night Saturday- and hit the MOA- or a show at the Guthrie or other theaters- or visit the St.Paul Como Conservatory or some of the great nurseries that are still growing in winter like that Orchid place in Plymouth!! There is plenty to do and see in town- come on down and say hi!
Julie

o

I will get the information up in a week or so. Right now I am up to my neck in getting ready for an art crawl in my shared Gallery/studio in NE Mpls.

o

Pauline - Count me in. Will be good to see you, your new outdoor sculptures and everyone else!

As Julie said, the Winter Blues Seed Swap is a fun way to garden in the winter! Always lots of friends, seeds, food, conversation, and good old fun!

Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here