cheri_mn_524

Is anyone having the winter seed swap

cheri_mn_524
15 years ago

If no one else wants to I will...

Comments (7)

• peggy_hosta
    15 years ago

Sounds like fun. What part of Minnesota do you live?

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

I am already hosting it at my home in South Minneapolis, I live a 5 min drive North of the Mall of America.

• selkie_b
    15 years ago

YAY! Haven't seen you in forever :) Your house is so lovely too :)

-Marie

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

I decided the only way I would get to a trade was to host it. It seems that whenever there is a trade I can't make it for one reason or another. I am looking forward to seeing you all.

Thanks for the complement on the house. I have added three tall outdoor sculptures that I am eager to have the group see.

• Julie
    15 years ago

Hey there Cheri- Marie and Pauline, the hostess with the most-ess!!
    And Hi to you Peggy!! It would be great to have you join us at this years Winter Blues Seed Swap!
    The Winter Blues seed swap is certainly a very fun way to "Garden" in MN in winter!! We gather our seeds, clean and pack them up into smaller "single serve" packets- and share!! And talk- and share- It is fun to talk about the gardens- how and when to plant seeds- Wintersowing- and other stuff too- and did I mention how GREAT the food is? Oh yah!! It is a great garden gathering to garden together, in MN, in winter, in true "Pot Luck" fashion!
    It is usually in January on a weekend after the holiday busy-ness is over- I bet Pauline will post before this month is over when it will be so we can all plan ahead to attend.
    Bring a friend (and their seeds too!)- make it a "Weekend Away" spend the night Saturday- and hit the MOA- or a show at the Guthrie or other theaters- or visit the St.Paul Como Conservatory or some of the great nurseries that are still growing in winter like that Orchid place in Plymouth!! There is plenty to do and see in town- come on down and say hi!
    Julie

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

I will get the information up in a week or so. Right now I am up to my neck in getting ready for an art crawl in my shared Gallery/studio in NE Mpls.

• sandysgardens
    15 years ago

Pauline - Count me in. Will be good to see you, your new outdoor sculptures and everyone else!

As Julie said, the Winter Blues Seed Swap is a fun way to garden in the winter! Always lots of friends, seeds, food, conversation, and good old fun!

Sandy

Sponsored