leftwood
17 years ago

Okay, hijacked this from somewhere else:

First look at

Now look at the rest.

Comments (15)

• john_w
    17 years ago

I don't see too many men willing to straddle a restroom flower. This visual quasi-metaphor has a huge "eeeeewwwwww" potential.

• lazyweeder
    17 years ago

So if these were in a restaurant bathroom...would you say... excuse me I have to go "water" the flowers?

• suzinnia
    17 years ago

Rick! Is it fair to say that you are really quite a pistol?
    I hope that you stumbled upon this site by accident, otherwise there are waaay too many questions in my mind about how you would have found it!
    Only in San Fransisco!
    (actually, thanks for the morning brightener.....creative thinking is alive and well...I think....)
    Suz
    now, I know what Minnesotans do for entertainment once the gardening season winds down.

• leftwood
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well Suz, the (ahem) subject here actually came from another garden forum.

Lazyweeder: In a restauant, that would be excusing yourself to fertilize the flowers.

But I have to say, they all seem ...creepy?...no, I guess I'm at a loss for the apropos adjective here. But it's just not right.

• Julie
    17 years ago

Oh- my sides are aching! You all are too funny!!
    Suz- you are a GEM! Rick- I always thought "fertilizer" was in a less than liquid state- um- never mind.....
    Most boys I know- even if secretly- like to pee in the woods- why not on the flowers!!
    Hey- they are REALLY pretty! But can you imagine cleaning them? I think they ought to make that there Voodoo flower in to a urinal......
    Oh way too funny!

• north40
    17 years ago

Unusual and funny - yes! But he'll probably make a fortune off of them. For me personally, if I had $9500, I'd buy the orchid one and convert it into an outside water feature.

• selkie_b
    17 years ago

*LAUGH* I don't even know what to say... anything that would attempt to make it's way across the keyboard may require sanitizing later (none too clean!) That calla lily for instance... a urinal ONLY? I can... oh never never never mind.......

-Marie

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

Rick, Thanks for the laugh, it gives me ideas for my next garden sculpture. The next question is will I carry them out. I need to get tonight's opening over with and then I will think about it.

Pauline

• sandysgardens
    17 years ago

Rick - I also want to thank you for a day brightener. I am sure when a guy uses the facilities and these are there, when he gets back to the table or group, he has quite the conversation.

Sandy

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

I'm are wrong? I thought that they were for show only and not usable.

Pauline

• kms4me
    17 years ago

I finally understand why my dog Homer pees on my flowers. I thought he was marking his territory, now it seems he has some misguided thoughts on pollination.

Now, if only my couch will bloom and set seed, I'll be happy.

• suzinnia
    17 years ago

perhaps it's safe to say that this all falls under the heading "performance art"..........I may never look at a flower in quite the same way again...(innocence lost..sigh)

suz

• ladylotus
    17 years ago

Interesting....hmmm. Yes, indeed interesting how the mind works upon seeing this as an individual urinal/toilet. ha ha

I like the orchid also. Neat idea.

• leftwood
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I must say, you are all a creative lot. A much funner read than the original thread I hijacked from.

Rick

• cheri_mn_524
    17 years ago

And we all thought that we were obsessed with flowers...
    How about the guy that buys one....?

Sponsored