Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazyweeder

Those of you who post photos....

lazyweeder
16 years ago

I'm curious as to which photo service you use. I was using Yahoo photo and it is now closed. They gave four options Snapfish, Shutterfly, Kodak gallery, and Photobucket to move my pics to.

Any opinions as to which is the best or do you have a better choice? Any of these you don't like?

Comments (15)

• jel48
    16 years ago

Dave, I like photobucket for posting to GW. They give you the necessary html string so all you have to do is copy and post it to your message posting screen in GW. That said, I also have photos on ImageEvent and I've finally figured out how to make them work too. I've not tried the others.

• heleninramsey
    16 years ago

I just posted for the first time a while ago and Yahoo Photo had turned into Flickr Photo, it was really easy to use. I sometimes look for photos from posters on GW on Photobucket and get lost, I end up at a Photobucket page and can't find the photo in question...Helen.

• ladylotus
    16 years ago

I use both Shutterfly and Photobucket. I don't have any problems with either of them. Recently I've been using Shutterfly. Copying photos to GW are easy, right clickwith your mouse click on properties and there is your URL.

• tsbccowboy
    16 years ago

Many people like Photobucket; however, I like Imageevent a lot. It may not be quite as easy as other services but it has a lot of options.

Jel48, have you tried "HTML for Pages"? It is just above the pictures on the right. It makes posting pics easier.

{{gwi:662753}}
    Big Smile
    7/1/07

Here is a link that might be useful: Sample of Imageevent

• selkie_b
    16 years ago

I use both Flickr (which is Yahoo's new "hook up") and Photobucket. I actually like them both. I find Photobucket to be a tad more reliable though, and it often loads much faster.

-Marie

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

I use Picturetrail. Very user friendly, in my opinion.

Linda

• cosmo1
    16 years ago

I am computer F (as in failure) literate, but, am I to understand I have to join some type of downloading service for a fee, to download pics onto this website. I have tried to figure out how to do this for a year now & don't have a clue. My husband is equally as useless. No, I haven't spent the whole year huddled over this little keyboard pondering the mysteries of the computer blogasphere, but have waisted way too much time trying to figure why I can't get a pic. into this little box. I've only answered a couple messages so far, but I have become quite vexed all the same. What's the deal?

• tsbccowboy
    16 years ago

Cosmo_1,

You can open a photobucket account for free. Many people use it. I prefer Imageevent which has an annual fee but it has a lot of options I like.

Once you have opened a photobucket account, you can upload photos to photobucket from your computer.

After photos have been uploaded to photobucket, you can copy the HTML Code for a photo into a GardenWeb message (right-click the box to the right of HTML Code and select COPY, then paste that into a GardenWeb message). This will put a photo into a message.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions,
    Cowboy

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket Link

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

I pay nothing for my Picturetrail either.

I think many of them let you download up to a maximum number of photos before you need to pay. I simply delete photos I know I will no longer use (they are still on my camera software, so I can reload them if I ever need to) and add new ones.

I've been using it to post photos for a few years, now and have not spent a dime.

Linda

• phyllis__mn
    16 years ago

The very simplest is tinypic.com (be sure you don't make it tinypics or you willl go where you don't really want to!!) This is not storage, but will simply have you browse for your picture, on My Pictures, or wherever you keep them. Then upload, copy the top line when it comes up and paste it here. It is so simple that I never use my Snapfish or Photobucket any more for posting pictures on a forum.

• cosmo1
    16 years ago

I don't know if this will work, just testing.

• cosmo1
    16 years ago

Boy cowboy, this is a really a huge picture, yikes! now what does a girl do? Hope they don't send the picture police out to get me. Did I miss something? When I copied them from my pictures, they were little. I mentioned I was a computer doofus, didn't I. Well this is just a 'huge example'. Lovely dahlia tho, isn't it? HELP!

• tsbccowboy
    16 years ago

Step 1 - post picture. This was accomplished, way to go.

Step 2 - figure out sizing. I will check to see what can be done about that.

Yes - it is a beautiful picture.

Cowboy

• tsbccowboy
    16 years ago

Cosmo_1,

When you upload your photo to Tinypic, there is an option to RESIZE. If you leave it as DEFAULT, you get the large picture.

In the RESIZE option, Using MESSAGE BOARD(640x480) gives this size:

In the RESIZE option, Using 15" SCREEN(800x600) gives this size:

Try it out & good luck. You are on your way to posting photos! Let me know if you need any clarification.

Cowboy

• tsbccowboy
    15 years ago

phyllis_mn,

Your suggestion about tinypic.com is a good one. It doesn't get any easier than tinypic.com. If all a person needs to do is post a photo, it is great.

cowboy

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living