Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What garden gifts did you get for Christmas?

Posted by peggy_hosta z4 neSD (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 29, 08 at 11:23

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! (And for me, happy 51st birthday Dec 30th!)
What garden gifts did you receive? My youngest daughter (with my strong hinting) gave me a subscription to the Northern Gardener mag! I haven't subscribed for a few years and I miss it. Very informative mag.
Peggy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What garden gifts did you get for Christmas?

Well Happy Birthday to you :)

I did get a pair of gardening gloves. they are the type with the rubber palm and fingers and fabric back. I usually don't wear gloves gardening but I'll give these a try. I really should wear gloves since I work in an office and my hands are usually stained with dirt most of the summer...LOL

That was it for gardening gear though, not typical, but I have already stocked up on seeds and potting mix so I guess I'm all set :)

o

Although I never where gloves at home in the dirt, I have become a fan of those gloves with the rubber coated palms and fingers for work. They allow for maximum dexterity while keeping your hands dry in wet situations, along with the normal protection from . . . whatever.

No gardening gifts here. I did get my favorite tea: black currant.

o

Happy Birthday.

No garden gifts for me this year.

o

I got a lovely book about "The Garden in Winter" by Suzy Bales. I also have gift cards to use, come spring. I love gardening gifts.

o

Hey there-
Happy Birthday Peggy!! 51 is a pretty big birthday! Congratulations!
Um- I did not get any garden related gifts this year from family- although I have been involved with a few exchanges and so I guess have given myself the gift of seeds and gardener friendships!
Zen Potter/Pauline will be hosting this years "Great MN Winter Blues Seed Swap" at her house on the 10th- It is a fun time to "garden" in winter by sharing seeds and other goodies. It will still be close enough to the holidays- so I guess you could give your self the garden gift you did not get- by coming and swappin' seeds and stories- and food too!
If you are free on the 10th- come on over! You are sure to leave with a few new treasures!

Julie

o

Happy Birthday Peggy! I got a juicer from my kids, sort of indirectly garden related. It will certainly come in handy next summer in processing lots of garden goodies.

o

Happy birthday, Peggy.

DH gave me a "Perennials for Minnesota and Wiscosin" by Don Engebretson and Don Williamson. Great photos.

Also got lots of great seeds from participants in Julie's swap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here