Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idafrances

Two questions: indoor cactus and hydrangea

idafrances
15 years ago

Hi there! I have posted on both the cactus and hydrangea forums, but I seem to have the best luck reaching out to my fellow MN gardeners (awww...), so here goes:

1) growing cactus seeds: I have had these seeds in pots for a few years and I seem to get little buds of green, then they go away. I have some green buds now from this summer, and the pots are sitting in a glass mini greenhouse I have. What should I do this winter to take care of my baby cacti so they keep growing?? I have heard not to water at all but that technique hasn't really worked out for me

2) I have never had a hydrangea of any sort before...I was given a beautiful hydrangea from Bachman's. I thought it was dead, but after breaking off some dead stuff I found a bunch of new growth, and possibly some early forming flower buds. I have removed all of the dried leaves and I have it with my orchids in the bathroom for the winter...I'm wondering if I should repot it now (the container is really small), or wait until spring. I'm really excited about it!

Thanks to everyone for your time and advice!

Emily aka Idafrances

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath