Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunshine13_gw

Book on Moon Gardens

sunshine13
20 years ago

Can anyone recommend, or tell me where I can find books for Moon Gardens?

Comment (1)

• sowandsew
    20 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sending you a copy of previous postings from this forum. Enjoy.

Evening/Fragrant Gardening Books
    Posted by delecie Zone10 Miami (My Page) on Fri, Nov 15, 02 at 7:34

EVENING GARDENS is a book published in 1993 by author Cathy Wilkinson Barash. It contains the following chapters:

1. A GARDEN FOR EVENING ENJOYMENT
    2. EVENING GARDEN ARCHITECTURE
    3. PLANTS FOR THE EVENING GARDEN
    Sculpture& Silhouette
    Textured Bark
    Flowers Aglow at Sunset
    Bright Flowers
    Pale Flowers on the Ground
    White Flowers
    Night Bloomers
    Silver Foliage
    Foliage for Contrast
    Fragrant Plants
    Stars of the Evening Garden
    4. LIGHTING
    5. PLANS FOR YOUR EVENING GARDEN

FRAGRANCE in BLOOM was published in 1996 by author Ann Lovejoy. It contains the following chapters:

1. Creating Fragrance Effects in the Garden
    2. The Scents of Spring
    3. Summer Fragrances
    4. Autumn Fragrances
    5. Winter Scents
    6. Night-Fragrant Plants

I found these books and others that I am using to create my Evening/Fragrant garden at my public library. :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Evening/Fragrant Gardening Books

* Posted by: Rosereb Z5 NE MO (My Page) on Sat, Nov 30, 02 at 12:54

delecie,

Thanks for posting your list. After Christmas I hope to have more time to dream about an evening/fragrant garden. You have given some good places to find inspiration.

Rebecca

* Posted by: Sowandsew 8bTX (My Page) on Sun, Dec 29, 02 at 16:06

Hi,
    I just came across this forum, and I must add to your list "The Evening Garden: Flowers and Fragrance from Dusk Till Dawn" by Peter Loewer. Published in 1993 by Macmillan. It is my favorite garden book, ever---filled with the author's drawings and poetry along with his information about plants I never knew about. At the time he was living in New York state but I think now he is in North Carolina.
    Chapters:
    The Beauty of the Night; Night Fragrance and Night-Fragrant Flowers; Night-Fragrant Orchids; Night-Fragrant Bromeliads; Annuals and Perennials for the Evening Garden; Night-Blooming Daylilies; Evening Primroses and Other Nocturnal Wildflowers; Water Gardens and Water Lilies of the Evening; Night-Blooming Cactuses; Night-blooming Tropical Vines and Trees; Plants that Look Like They Should Bloom at Night; The Moonlight Garden; Fireflies and Glowworms; Lighting for the Evening Garden.
    Good luck finding a copy. I treasure mine.

* Posted by: seth z5 coastal ME (My Page) on Wed, Jan 8, 03 at 13:43

A couple more to try:

"The Fragrant Year" by Helen Van Pelt Wilson and Leonie Bell, Published 1967 M. Barrows & Co. Chapters: This Fragrant World, Classification of Scents, Fragrant Possibilities for the Winter Garden, Spring Scents of Shrubs and Trees, From Early Bulbs and Small Perennials, Sweetest Shrubs for Early Summer, Fragrant Trees and Vines for May and June, Pinks Peonies and Iris, Just Roses, Fragrant Lilies Old and New, On Eevery Summer Breeze, A Midsummer Night's Garden, Aromatic Herbal Scents, Pleasures of Potpourri, Autumn Aromas, For Cool Winter Gardens, etc. Nicely written book.

Scent in The Garden by Frances Perry. Pub Webb & Bower 1989.

Seth

* Posted by: newdoc62 z7b SC (My Page) on Mon, Feb 24, 03 at 11:42

Peter Loewer's book is back in print!! Grab it while you can--I agree, it's fantastic and inspiring.

Sponsored