Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swtp15

never heard of moon garden- fascinating

swtp15
20 years ago

I WANT ONE -- what do i have to do- any suggestions on plants that will do well here in central florida- i am moving to new home here in melbourne in next few weeks and it might be perfect time to start my moon garden- -i am right on a lake with a huge screened porch-- plus back yard has no landscape as of yet- -any help in this would be GREATLY appreciated- this sounds amazing- -i cant wait to get started--

thanks in advance

Comments (4)

• SAM309
    20 years ago

like you, i live on lake.front is woodland, back has afternoon sun with primarily texas star,iris,white cascading crepe myrtle,and other flora.moon flowers are a delight to see and smell.some say ginger has the best smell, but to me the moon flower is very hard to beat.also easy to grow, needs something to climb on as it is a vine.also after blooming seed pods will form and you will have more seed.dont know how hot your back yard is, try flowers that hold their flowers more than a day, will add to your scene if back or front has some type low lighting as my front is...makes for a striking sight at night. check local nurseries or catalogs .....will check on this post tonight...

• Iollainn
    20 years ago

Hi, anything white will do, white flowers, paths, water for reflecting at night, statues, paint trellis or furniture white, i hear white rocks at the bottom of the water garden are good, if you have a filter, but not if you don't, rocks lead to mess if you don't have a filter. Also anything that lights up, or something with mirror.

• swtp15
    Original Author
    20 years ago

wow thanks for quick replies and good ideas-- am overloaded packing right now but am getting ideas for our garden- my partner is reading a book and lo and behold yesterday it mentioned a moon garden-- so looks like it is meant to be
    i hope to put a fountain in and i think it would be a great addition to my moon garden-- i hope to also get some moon flowers--it will be awhile before i can actually start on it but i am planning it my mind-- thanks again for help and ideas- i was a memeber of garden web a while back and loved it- i traded tons of plants and got some beautiful things.. am glad to be back among gardner friends!!!!!

• bedazzled
    19 years ago

curious if you started, I am near Melbourne, tried gardenia, white crape myrtle, jasmine, bleeding heart vine, agaves if room, snobush, white orchid tree, cats whiskers, peace lilies if shade, white caladiums, poinsettias, white bird of paradise, whiter powderpuff, the creamy firecracker-found one on Minton Road at the nursery ...criniums, peruvian daffodils, varigated stuff and lots of annuals that are white...

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio