Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what are your favorite white or light scented flowers?

Posted by mercury777 9A Gulf coast (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 15, 04 at 3:13

what are your favorite scented white or light colored flowers? I have a light yellow brugmansia that has an intoxicating perfume which is so thick that it lingers in certain spots. You can walk in and out of the scent as if it was a solid cloud suspended in the air. These are pollinated by giant nocturnal moths...how perfect for a moon garden!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what are your favorite white or light scented flowers?

I like a valerian called Sweet Kathi which is available from Flower Scent Gardens. (The customer comment they include is mine.) This is a perennial. It has pinkish-white flowers with a lovely sweet scent that wafts a very long way, especially when there's a breeze.

Jennifer

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower Scent Gardens

o

• Posted by John_D USDA 8b WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 17, 04 at 22:12

Magnolias.

o

nicotiana sylvestris and Datura innoxia

o

I have a danty but vigerous climbing rose called "Darlow's Enigma" It's white with gorgeous yellow stamens and a rich, strong sweet musk scent. I can't recommend it too highly - it even blooms and thrives in partial shade.

Also, just plain old white stock is lovely!

o

Gardenia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here