Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ghostthroughthefog

new here, and new to gardening

Ghostthroughthefog
21 years ago

Hi everyone. I am new here. And new to gardening. This past autumn I finally moved into a house after being in an apartment for several years. I had been looking forward to having a house and yard of my own someday to finally start gardening. Ever since I read an article about moon gardens way back when, I have been day dreaming about having one! I picture lots of white flowers, and some blues and purples. But since I am so new to all this, I am sure I will start off small.

The only thing I have tried was the vine moon flowers once. I started them inside in February and it grew beautifully, until I had moved to a different apartment on a cold day and it died before I had a chance to plant it outside.

Do many of you start seeds inside for your moon garden, or do you plant them directly into the soil outside in the spring? Any tips for easy growing moon garden flowers for a beginner like me? Any tips for preparing the soil? Do you add anything to the dirt, or just use the dirt in the ground as is? (I am so new to gardening - these probably sounds like silly questions).

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus