Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I buy small Datura plants?

Posted by Tomato_Worm59 OK (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 8, 05 at 16:03

I am looking for the common Datura moonflower. I had some seeds, but they won't grow. I am looking for some small, started plants and I need a lot of them. Any ideas on where to look or who to call?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I buy small Datura plants?

I would recommend trying the seed exchange and giving growing from seed aother shot. They are very very easy to grow from seed and do quite well in Oklahoma from what I hear. You can winter sow them right now or direct sow them in a few weeks.

I have never seen the plants for sale.

o

I have a lot of seeds. Email me with your snail mail address, I will be happy to share. Seeds is definitely the way to go.

Janie

o

Select Seeds sells small Datura plants and seeds. Unfortunately the plants are sold out for the season and there is only one variety with available seeds.
www.selectseeds.com

You can also join the American Brugmansia and Datura Society to find out more about these plants.
www.abads.net

o

Bakemom is right............Datura does so well in Oklahoma, the seeds will almost take root in your hand if you hold them too long.

I live out in the country and have, literally, hundreds of Datura. Lots of new plants coming up too.

o

Which seed exchange do you speak of? Might they have datura wrightii (the one I used to see growing around Tucson), datura metel, and datura inoxia seeds? I used to see wrightii blooming in the evenings when I would go for runs at Catalina State Park in the late 90's. They had such a presence to them. I miss them greatly and figure why not try growing them and bring them in for the winter. I live in southern WI.
Thx,
Sonora

o

Is this forum pretty much dead now? Since I received no response, I tried reposting a similar message under a new topic hoping it might get noticed, but the system rejected it. I only repost if I get no response.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here