Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
moon garden

Posted by jmwemt PA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 26, 05 at 0:28

Hi,
I'm new to the idea of a moon garden, but would like to try it. My yard is very small, so I was wondering if this kind of garden can be done in large pots, then do you bring them in for the winter? Also where can I geet dusty miller, artemisia, lambs ear, ipomoea alba, snow white carnations, and are all these plants moon plants, annual or perininal? To have a moon garden sounds like it would be very nice. I also have other plants in yard, I like lots of smell, nice looking flowers, lots of color. My zone is 5. On a different subject of plants quick, I'm looking for plants that are mostly a vine, and that attract the hummingbirds, can anyone please help me. Thanks, jmwemt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: moon garden

Yes,you can do your moongarden in pots and bring them in side in the winter. You should be able to find most of the plants you named at a Lowes or Home Depot,if you have one in your area. I can send you 10 packs of seed for sasbe. It will include white moonflower vine, passion flower vine,hyacinth bean vine,red cypress vine and red morning glory. The cypress vine and the moonflower vine will definitely atttract hummingbirds. Joyce

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here