Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rere53

moon flower seeds

rere53
18 years ago

My husband and I have moon flowers that reach 9 feet tall. We save seeds and give them to people who wish to have a moon garden themselves. We have also ordered several varieties of angel trumpets which closely resembles a moon flower. We will have seeds starting this year. If there is anyone that would like seeds please email me and leave an email address so that we can contact you when we have seeds.

Comments (16)

• my_secret_garden
    17 years ago

That is so cool! This is my first year planting moon flowers and I hope that they will come up.

• mseduc8or
    17 years ago

I would love something to start a moon garden. I have been dreaming about one for a few years.

• gardenmaker79
    17 years ago

I would love some of your moonflower seeds when they are readyy.
    Thanks
    Connie

• antiquergirl
    17 years ago

I would love to have any extra seeds you are willing to part with. I am in the process of starting a moon garden and I so excited.
    thanks christie
    cwheet22@yahoo.com

• viveh
    16 years ago

I have white moon flower seeds, but understand there is other colors, does anyone have any other colors they would like to share?

• ktlew
    16 years ago

I would love anything different in western NY. Everyone is looking for but can't find moon flowers around here. kkstlew@yahoo.com

• natalie4b
    16 years ago

I would love some seeds when they are available. Please e-mail me natalie4b@yahoo.com.
    Thanks!

• rialira
    16 years ago

I too would love some moonflower seeds. if you've got any extra, my e-mail address is tehriaz@gmx.net. I could even trade you some purple morning glory seeds, we're up to our ears in them!

• costaricafinca
    16 years ago

I have what I presume to be seeds pods as shown below. My question: how long does it usually take for them to 'ripen'? I have had some ther for more than a month, as it hasn't seemed to change. This is the first time I have grown Moonflowers and I planted 2 seeds by a small trellis by our patio. They have performed 'famously' with 5-8 blooms per afternoon/night.

{{gwi:1048556}}

I have just noticed that one 'pod' seems to be drying out.

• moonflowermaniac62
    16 years ago

They can take a long time to dry out (as like they do growing and blooming). Eventually you will see the pod start turning brown and crispy and the pod will turn brown and the seeds

• moonflowermaniac62
    16 years ago

Sorry, I thought I had edited my post ... and meant to say, when the pod turns brown and crusty, the seeds will come out easily.

• gardenlovernohio
    16 years ago

I have several pods that are not quite ready to pick, but it is supposed to freeze tonight. I don't want to lose them because I have only gotten two seeds from this plant. Can anyone tell me if I should cut them and let them dry inside or just let them go?
    Thanks for your help.

• critterfixer32
    16 years ago

in haveing trouble getting started with my garden. iv reserched and i know lots of names of the plants i want but i cant seem to find a place to get them or their seeds. please help. im also wanting to use them for mosiquito control if anyone has any suggestions please contact me.

• kasha77
    16 years ago

I can't believe it!
    I have been pining for Moon flower seeds since I first saw them! God bless you! my email address is:
    kathysuleski@yahoo.com
    If you have some to share!
    Thanks!
    Kathy S kasha77

• anewgarden
    16 years ago

My moonflowers did well last year, big and beautiful. But this year the sprouts seem very unhappy. I have lost quite a few. Maybe I have not kept them warm enough. Maybe I have started them too early, but I think I started them this early last year too. How do others tend to their moonflower seedlings?

Audrey, Brooklyn NY

• ewochnick
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone had any extra seeds for a moonflower bush. My mom had a plant when I was living at home and now I would like my own bush. I am not able to find any seeds for the bush. I talked to the greenhouse and they dont cary any moonflowers at all.

Sponsored