Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
moon garden

Posted by brat1985 IN (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 04 at 18:36

I would love to make a moon garden but I do not know where to start. Please Help!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: moon garden

Hi, may I suggest something that I wish I had thought of when I started my moon (white/evening) garden years ago? I feel so stupid, I had the perfect place off center of my lawn. There was a lilac there that looked great as the sun was going down. So there I began, I dug away the sod, and improved the soil ( a little) and planted and planted.. The one thing I did not plan on was THE MOON!

I started in early spring when the leaves had not yet opened on the canopy of the trees nearby. Needless to say, the path of the moon goes right over the canopy of the trees and the moon light is only filtered through to my garden. So my suggestion is to plot the path of the moonlight first. If I had, I would have put my garden in the back yard where the moonlight glistens even on the grass.

We do love our evening garden, when we sit on the front porch, as the sun goes down, all the light colored flowers glow, until it is time to go in.

o
RE: moon garden

I'm planting my new moon garden out and making mistakes right and left - although I am wedded to the spot due to other extensive beds. It's going to look crazy the first year, but I'm sure it will work itself out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here