Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nursethrice

My Moonflowers!! :'(

Thrice
10 years ago

So I finally got around to planting moonflowers along my trellis, and they were doing so well...until my gardener ran over them with his lawnmower. I'm LIVID. They were just little things, barely sprouted. I'd planned to warn him about them on Monday (when he usually comes), but he decided to show up on Saturday instead while I was at work.

Anyway, long story short. They're still there, but I'm not sure they'll recover. They're not nearly as established as my morning glories. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to help give them a better chance...fertilizer? Water? They're already in a nice sunny spot. I'd even transplant them into a pot for a bit if I thought it could help, but I don't want to traumatize them anymore than necessary. Please help. Any advice would be well appreciated.

Comment (1)

• devolet
    9 years ago

Fish emulsion and a marker for each plant so your gardener doesn't barrel over them again. They may not make the recovery round, but I don't have good luck with them anyway being its too cool at night here. I have a Brugmansia for the nocturnal perfume and moonglow thing in my garden. Try and save the day and good luck.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor