Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Moonflowers!! :'(

Posted by Thrice 9b Southern CA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 22:58

So I finally got around to planting moonflowers along my trellis, and they were doing so well...until my gardener ran over them with his lawnmower. I'm LIVID. They were just little things, barely sprouted. I'd planned to warn him about them on Monday (when he usually comes), but he decided to show up on Saturday instead while I was at work.

Anyway, long story short. They're still there, but I'm not sure they'll recover. They're not nearly as established as my morning glories. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to help give them a better chance...fertilizer? Water? They're already in a nice sunny spot. I'd even transplant them into a pot for a bit if I thought it could help, but I don't want to traumatize them anymore than necessary. Please help. Any advice would be well appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Moonflowers!! :'(

Fish emulsion and a marker for each plant so your gardener doesn't barrel over them again. They may not make the recovery round, but I don't have good luck with them anyway being its too cool at night here. I have a Brugmansia for the nocturnal perfume and moonglow thing in my garden. Try and save the day and good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here