Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanting Moon Flowers

Posted by david_oklahoma (My Page) on
Sat, May 6, 06 at 7:44

I spent last evening transplanting Moon Flowers, putting them into particular spots, and getting them out of others. I must have over 100 plants coming in so far. I also planted my Yellows, Purples, and LaFluer seeds. Has anyone else planted these this year? I have heard these are slower growers than the whites. Just wanted to know.

David

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanting Moon Flowers

Do you find it hard not to damage/break the tender roots? Nowadays, I use the lazy method "scratch and grow" with seeds
and let them make their adjustments for their space. Hope to hear that they settle nicely into their new homes.

Growing up, my dad used to tell us if we transplant moon flowers during the month of May an angel will visit with you in
a dream!

o

All the transplanted Moonflowers are doing well and growing as anticipated. I have transplanted before and found it is very hard to hurt one of these tough little plants. Seems they don't know they were even moved.

David

o

David, do you think during July would be a bad time to move full grown, almost blossomed moon flowers?

I'm moving and I want to take them with me, do you think it would harm them if I did move them now?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here