Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves_roses

moon lore, gardening

loves_roses
20 years ago

MOON MAGIC by Lori Reid

I'm not saying this is true or not, but I thought y'all would be interested.

Quick Tips

ANNUALS: Begin planting the day aqfter the New Moon and up to the day before the 1st Quarter, when the Moon is in a fertile or semi-fertile sign. This will help plants to make short, shallow-lying roots and to establish themselves speedily.

BIANNUALS AND PERENNIALS: Begin planting the day after FullMoon and end on the day before the Last Quarter, when the moon is in a fertile or semi-fertile sign. This will help plants to establish themselves slowly and to develop long, strong roots.

WEEDING: Weeding and hoeing are best done between the Last Quarter and the New Moon, when the moon is in a barren sign. Avoid times when the moon is in a fruitful sign -- your weeding efforts won't last for very long.

SOIL CULTIVATION: Digging, plowing, or tilling the soil should be carried out with the decreasing moon and when the moon is in a barren sign, or the weeds will spring up again alltoo quickly.

TRANSPLANTING: Always transplant when the moon is increasing, between the New and Full Moons, and during a fertile moon sign.

GRAFTING: Grafts take best when the sap is rising and therefore when the Moon is waxing.

Want to hear more? Does anyone get in to all this? I have more to share if y'all are interested.

I don't know how much stock I put in it all, but it's cool to read about.

Comments (5)

Sponsored