Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow moon plant?

Posted by cl4smith 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 0:03

My neighbor has a yellow night blooming plant. He gave me a start from it. The plant will start blooming at dark and all blooms will open within 15 min. or so. The blooms have 4 yellow petals, and spring open within 30 seconds or so. They stay until full sunshine then wilt. This is the first year so I don't know if it has seeds or not. I will try to post a picture of it on the most recent photo gallery, 6-11-07
Anyone know the name of this plant?? I just found this site and it is great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow moon plant?

Had a little problem trying to get picture on site, It is in Garden Galleries-Summer beauty. We have 20 to 35 blooms a night now. Started with only 4 the first 3 nights it bloomed.

o

I think it's a "common evening primrose". Go to google and search images using that name and see what you think.
I have the yellow primrose that is on the other yellow moonflower thread. It has dandelion like leaves and is low to the ground.
I'll have to do some searching, would love to get one like yours. Very pretty.

o

Hi
The plant I have is also a dandelion-like yellow flower. You can get seeds from it and re-seed them in the spring or if you leave them the nut like seed under the leaves at the base of the stem (after each flower blooms) is filled with seeds and can be left to re-start in the spring. I always take a few of these nut like seeds and save them in case it doesn't come back in the spring. Sometimes, when they do start up in the spring they are easily mistaken as a dandelion and we gardeners tend to pull them out not realizing that they are our flowers.
I have tons of them and love them ... they are cool!!

I would however, love to know the name of them

annette

o

Hi could anyone tell me where I could get some yellow moon plant seeds..and could someone please tell me if moon plants can live in AZ.?

o

I have one of these-- I think the name is Oenothera triloba

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here