Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moonflowers

Posted by Deeyendra zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 20, 04 at 1:47

I live in Southeastern Nebraska, and am trying to grow moonflowers for the first time in a small garden. I know they can grow here, because my mother did it last year. I soaked the seeds for two days before I planted, but didn't put the seed down any particular way. I have sprouts in the garden with purple stems, but I'm not sure if they are the moonflowers, or just weeds! (This is my first gardening attempt, be gentle!) I was wondering if anyone had a picture of a plant that is about four or so inches tall or some way to identify it to know whether to pull them or not?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moonflowers

• Posted by mcarol z5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 20, 04 at 18:45

Deeyendra,
I would check out google images and look up a picture. I recently planted a moon flower but it was in a pot so I'm not sure what it looks like very small. It bloomed last week and was worth the wait. (I've tried from seed but have been unsuccessful.)

o

Just so happens I soaked 8 moonflower seeds for a day and planted them two days ago. 3 are already visible and this is the largest one right now. I'll see how it looks after I get home this afternoon as well. Don't pull it yet!

Hope it helps!

Marc

o

Well, that is definatly not what I have. I have weeds. :-( But thanks for everyones help! Next question: are there any tips to transplanting moonflowers from one garden to a pot? How large should the pot be?

o

• Posted by MKull 8 SATX (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 22, 04 at 16:47

8 hours later

o

Dang, it grows quickly, doesn't it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here