Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me plan my moon garden please:)

Posted by cls1978 z6 SE PA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 05 at 13:01

I just found this forum a couple days ago and am obsessed with having a moon garden now. Since it is late in the season, I won't be planting until next year (start seeds in the winter), but I'd like to get some help and advice:) I just bought a few packs of seeds for: White Strawflower, Giant White Moonflower, Achillea (The Pearl) and White Candytuft. Do any of these flowers besides the MF have a fragrance (I know that the SF doesn't)?

I am currently searching for the famous night blooming jasmine. What else?

TIA,
Christine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me plan my moon garden please:)

Hi Christine, welcome. Sounds like a good start. The candytuft might be fragrant. The Achillea I dont' believe is fragrant, and my The Pearl spreads like crazy. It is just flowering here and lasts a long time. Ground Hogs love it. I could probably list a ton of things that work for a white garden..if you check out the threads below you may come up with some ideas. ( Too many to list, not knowing your garden size, location, sun/shade, moisture etc.) Can I suggest some White Lilies Asiatic or Oriental or BOTH! They (Orientals) are fragrant and make a nice impact and are perennial and multiply. The Madonna Lily is nice as well as the trumpet lilies too. White Daffodils for the spring can be planted this fall along with lilies if you want to get a head start. White bearded Iris also last a while and show up nicely. There are just so many options. Christine, good luck, and write and let us know how you make out and what you decide on..and most of all, post some photos if you can. Have Fun..JoAnn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here