Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moon Flower vines not thriving

Posted by shelly59 Z7 Delaware (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 26, 04 at 19:59

My moon flowers,(the vines, not the datura) seem to be doing nothing at all. The 3 plants are about 2 inches tall, which is what they have been for about 2 weeks. They are in a large container on my front porch and are getting adequate sun and water, to the best of my knowledge..what could be wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moon Flower vines not thriving

shelley59, when did you plant the seeds? Moonflowers take at least three months to really get the vines going. I planted mine in April and I do have beautiful vines finally. Still waiting on the flowers.

o

Oh, ok, thanks. I did not plant mine until early June. They are healthy looking, just slow, I guess.

o

shelly59, I looked outside this am. and I THINK I see fuzzy buds, so I hope they are really going to be moon flowers someday!
The nicest thing about the vines is they shade and conceal my porch.

o

It seems like they take FOREVER to start vining. I started some inside in March and some outside in May. Both sprouted nicely, but boy, thought they would never start vining. Mine are vining now, a couple over 8ft long, but don't see one bud yet. How bout you?

o

ONE is starting to vine..the others are as they were. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here