|This is the time of year when my moon garden looks its best! Many perennials are in bloom and the annuals look nice and full. The daturas, jasmine and stephanotis fill the air with fragrance and when the moon shines on the garden is the best time to sit outside and really enjoy it!|
Here is a link that might be useful: Moon Garden in mid-July
|Oh my... How pretty... I can just see myself taking a walk in the woods, on a hot summers day to cool off, coming across your wonderful garden and thinking I had found heaven... |
|Thank you Rita. It is very private and very relaxing. It is my favorite garden especially when in bloom.|
|Your garden is just beautiful. I'm in the midst of creating my own moon garden in the backyard and found lots of inspiration from the pictures you shared. Such a lovely woodland setting!|
|Wow, those are great. I have quite a bit of quartz (a gift) in my garden, and I was noticing this summer under the moon how much they show and shine. So been thinking this year about enhancing them with some white flowering plants. Probably get to work on that next year. |
Thank you for all of the ideas and for sharing your lovely garden.
|Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I just planted lots of white alliums, white daffodils and hyacinths so I can enjoy the white garden in the spring. I also planted bulbs of white muscari (grape hyacinths) and tulips. Can't wait to see the results come springtime.|
|Gardenbrat--do you have a plant list? I'd love to see it--I am helping a zone 6 friend plan a moon garden...but I am 7b and don't know your zone as well... |
WOuld you mind posting it online if you have it?
|Hi melanie, |
Here is a list of what I have. Some are not complete names because they were given to me by friends. Don't forget to use foliage that is variegated as well. My garden is a combination moon garden and fragrant garden. Still all the flowers are white. There are shady places and sunny places in the garden so I plant accordingly. Don't forget to use white garden ornaments to give it "POW". I have a hat birdhouse with a white dress and pearls hanging on a tree. The ice storm a couple of months ago brought down the tree unfortunately. I am thinking of planting a white fringe tree or orchid tree in the spot. Hope this helps you.
ANNUALS (for all summer color)
White Cleome Sparkler Series (reseeds the following year)
Daylily ‘Joan Senior’
VINES (these grow on each side of trellis)
TREES, BUSHES, GRASSES
Butterfly Bush ‘White Profusion’ (this attracts tons of butterflies)
BULBS (many for spring color)
Lilies of the Valley
Here is a link that might be useful: white ornaments
Return to the Moon Garden Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here