Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Datura leaves curled

Posted by nosoot ny (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 2, 06 at 20:12

I have 2 Datura's planted from seed -in large pots. They were growing very well -about 2 ft tall -no flowers yet. I had mixed some Miracle grow Shake and Feed in the soil when I planted them and so I added some more this past weekend. Now all the new leaves are coming out deformed and curled - upside down boat. Also coloration is distorted -parts dark parts yellow. We have had several huge storms with lots of water and now extreme heat. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Datura leaves curled

I have no Datura in my collection, though from your description I would venture to guess that it maybe just too much
fertilizer and rain. I would let the soil get almost bone dry then flush the soil well with tap water. Repeat again the next
time the plant needs water. Also, I would check for insects.

Just an personal observation, I do think Datura is not a plant that requires high feeding and does better on only occasional
fertilizer or I may be way off base here. ;-]

o
RE: Datura leaves curled

I agree, sounds like too much fertilizer
I would flush sooner than later
But thats just me.

Ted

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here