Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moonflowers--Have Tons of Flowers!!

Posted by APRIL_823 Z9 TEXAS (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 04 at 11:41

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your help with my moonflower vines, they usually have about 20 flowers a night and smell wonderful. This was my first year with these, the only thing I didn't like was that the vines had no leaves at the bottom by the time they flowered, so next year I will buy more seeds, and plant some about 2 1/2 months after the intial planting. That way the new vines will be growing where they would be bare. How did everyone else's do?

--april--

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moonflowers--Have Tons of Flowers!!

This was my first year with them also. They are wonderful. I have to admit I was a bit impatient. Now I know to look for them around the beginning of September here. I also underestimated the size of the vines. I need to provide something more sturdy and tall for them the next time around. I will be planting more of them next year. I now know what the big deal is all about! They are beautiful and nicely fragrant. Watching the first one open was a treat. Are they annuals for you in your zone? When do you sow them there, when do you get your first flowers and how long do they flower for you?...I would imagine mine won't last beyond October here. Thanks for sharing....JoAnn

o
RE: Moonflowers--Have Tons of Flowers!!

I'm not sure if they will be annuals or not here, this is my first year with annuals. I sewed them in April or May and I think my first flowers were mid-to-late August. The high here is 90 today so I'm sure I will have them for awhile.

--april--

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here