Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Blue Hour

Posted by Molineux 6b (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 2, 04 at 16:24

Thought you Moon Garden folks might appreciate my l'heure bleu thread that I started over at the Cottage Garden Forum. Although my Twilight's Bower garden is designed to be best enjoyed during twilight many of the flowers come in paler versions that would look wonderful at night (avoid deep blues for moon gardens as they have an annoying tendency to disappear into the background). Enjoy.

Molineux (the rose enabler)

Images by david 5311 posted on the Perennials Gallery

Here is a link that might be useful: L'heure bleu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Blue Hour

How blue-ti-ful and informative and inspiring!

o

Do any of these blue flowers open their buds at night?

o

They are gorgious, please tell us what they are.
Catrina

o

You are looking at Clematis.

In the first pic there is Rooguchi (left) and Perle D'Azur (right). Rooguchi is smaller vine that David has growing within a wire clematis cage.

In the second pic David has Perle D'Azur (left) and Betty Corning (right). Both are classic blue clematis that come highly recommended for the novice. They are tall climbers. Of particular interest is Betty Corning. Why? Because she is fragrant and for that reason is my top pick among the trio.

o

these vines are all beautifull. do your vines set seeds?? if they do, id really love some. plmk
thanks

jdiaz31089

o

Hi again,
Wow, it was quite awhile ago that I first looked at this thread, but the photos are just as beautyful the second time around. Thanks for the info on the clematis Molineux. Do you think any of them would be hardy in z4?
Catrina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here