Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are white seeds OK?

Posted by rogue73 Z6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 4, 06 at 3:59

I have recently discovered that the alien looking bulbs on my vines are actually seed pods. I cut one open out of curiosity and discovered that there was one brown seed, like the ones that come in the packages you buy. The rest were white. I left the seeds sitting outside on a window ledge, some remained white some turned black. I removed most of these pods from my vines which have died and am keeping them in baggies inside, I have not cut anymore open. When is it ok to remove the seeds and are the white ones viable????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are white seeds OK?

It would help to know what plant these seeds came from, but I can give you some general advice anyway. Seeds need as much time to mature as possible, and it isn't considered good practice to remove them before their time. However, many plants are crafty, and even unripe seeds can sprout. Try planting the white seeds anyway, but let the other seeds mature on the plant. You might want to tie a paper bag over the pod so that it catches the seeds when the pod opens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here