Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrskjun

Don't do this to me!!!

mrskjun
21 years ago

Since finding the garden web, I've so far built 3 lasagna beds with more in the making. I have rose cuttings rooting, I have a large box of seeds that I'm collecting. I peruse the garage sales on Saturday for wonderful garden junk. Now I read these posts and my mind is doing a mental inventory of any white plants that I have. It sounds so beautiful and I think I have the perfect spot!! I have to stop reading!!

Comments (16)

• henryr10
    21 years ago

Oh come on, what's one more bed?
    Just make SURE you don't read @ Balcony or Containers Forums.
    Surely we wouldn't want to cause you anymore grief
    w/ new projects. LOL

• sunrisegirl
    21 years ago

There is a limit to one's ability to do all the neat ideas we get isn't there? LOL

• mrskjun
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Is there a limit? Please say that's so...hubby was complaining about my bowling ball and marbles on the coffee table this morning!!

• John_D
    21 years ago

There are no limits! Having fun in the garden is as limitless as the sky. Give up fighting and enjoy it as much as you can.

• gardninlady
    21 years ago

OK, then I Surrender!!

• cherylk
    21 years ago

Have you been to the Orchid forum yet? Go to the light, go to the light........

Cheryl

• mrskjun
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Ok cheryl, you did this to me. You told the lady at the garage sale to sell me that big orchid for 2 bucks didn't you? Now I don't have a clue how to care for it and had to post on the orchid forum. I blame this all on you!!! lol

• cherylk
    21 years ago

mrskjun - Nope, that wasn't my doing - If I'd have told the lady at the garage sale anything, it would have been "hold that orchid for me, okay??" :)

Do you know what kind of orchid it is?

My favorite line is "hello, my name is Cheryl and I'm a plantaholic"

Cheryl

• Tiffy_z6aCan
    21 years ago

Just visited this forum for the first time and I must agree with you!!! Another gardening concept for next year and I still haven't finished my rose garden, want to get into clematis, and am also working on a 'drought' garden...
    Good thing the snow has started to fly here - I'll have plenty of time to think about creating this one!
    Nicole.

• mrskjun
    Original Author
    21 years ago

You have time Tiffy? Well, may I suggest visiting the Winter Sowing forum!! Idle hands and all that......lol.

• trudi_d
    21 years ago

Hi mrskjun!

Thanks for mentioning Winter Sowing, you're a wintersown superstar! It really is a lot of fun to do and it makes winter pass by so easily! My attic is rapidly filling with boxes and bags of recyclables to make my Winter Sowing flats with. I am planning on starting well over a hundred flats again this year! We're getting very close to the Winter Solstice when we'll be able to start Winter Sowing! Hooray! We have now have a Winter Solstice Day Celebration too. You can Winter Sow in a mild winter climate because with Winter Sowing you don't need snow and ice, you only need the season called winter.

If anyone has any questions about Winter Sowing please do visit the Winter Sowing Forum or check out our extensive FAQs. The WS forum welcomes everyone with wide open arms, we are the friendliest forum on the GardenWeb, and that's something Winter Sowers take great pride in. This friendliness was recently highlighted in the Wall Street Journal.

Winter Sowing Flats made from Recyclables

Thanks, hope to see you drop by the WS Forum!

Trudi Davidoff

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Sowing Forum

• mrskjun
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Trudi, just for this project I have all of my "white" seeds seperated from the rest. When I sow my containers after winter solstice, I plan to mark these not only with the seed name but also "white". That way I'll remember when it's time for planting that these are for my moon garden.

• cathi
    21 years ago

Hello everyone, my name is Cathi. I just discovered this site this week and I was already a "seedaholic"...now my boyfriend who I tell all of your wonderful ideas, says "God save him".....he can just see all the digging and dollar signs! lol No imagination. Guess I'll have to find him a site similar to this for his fishing and then he'd be just as beeming with ideas. He's wondering if my 10 acres we are starting to develop are going to be big enough for all my wonderful thoughts. I've got a huge binder growing with them every day! Thanks again for all the great ideas. I'm a crafy person my nature and your ideas and suggestions just keep them coming. Have a blessed day and thanks so much for sharing.

• mrskjun
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Hi Cathi, welcome. 10 acres huh? Oh the possibilities!!!!!!!
    You won't run short of ideas on this site.

Betty

• CapeHeart
    20 years ago

HI Betty

It has been a miserable winter here in the northeast - what kept most of us going is the beautiful sites we would know would arrive in March April and now May! The wonder of color - daffodils, tulips, forthensia trees, azalea, etc. Keep in mind I can't spell! But I find gardening therapeutic and I try to come here every day. My oldest daughter Alexis suffers from a chronic illness and her goal this year is a rose garden. She had roses around the yard but some didn't make it through our harsh winter. We started a pond garden last fall and can't wait to work on that. Dispite the servere pain she is in and myself due to arthritis in our backs - GW keeps us going! We find gardening away to escape the pain. I can't imagine not having flowers but I am learning to plant perannuals rather than annuals. My youngest are out on the hunt to find "Hot Cocoa" roses. They however try to keep me away from our town treasure chest as yes I do love to find garden junk. :-) They have returned with garden statues!!! We recycle 2 liter soda bottles and use as mini green houses for our seeds then transplant them when the signs of frost are over. We celebrate winter soltice here in December. Gardening keeps me sane! My goal is a "Moon" garden this summer! Happy Gardening!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Pond

• butterflydiva
    20 years ago

10 acres?!?!??!

*goes into trance with mouth agape and drool trickling down corner of lip, a la Homer Simpson...."mmmmm garden"*

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting