Return to the Moon Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone interested in a trade?

Posted by pond_comet76 z6 TN (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 05 at 12:31

I have lots of Moon Vine seeds. They are light purple blooms with a dark purple star in the middle. I would like to trade for a different color...PC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone interested in a trade?

Are you talking about Datura or something else?

o

I don't think so, but I am not really positive. It is a vine, very similar to a morning glory, except it blooms at night. It is very pretty...PC

o

Hmmm. I'm familiar with Ipomoea alba, which is a nocturnal white morning glory, also called Moonflower Vine. I wasn't aware that there were other colors. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Maybe someone will clear it up.

o

I would love some of your Purple Moon Vine seeds.
I think I have some Pink.
Sunny

o

Cool! How many would you like? I have plenty!...PC

o

PC, Your plant is Ipomoea turbinata.

o

Thank you so much. That is the plant that I have!...PC

o

PC, I want some of the purple MG seeds, too. I'm just now collecting Ipomoea's so don't really have seeds to give away, yet, but I do have tons of bright pink four o' clocks, an evening bloomer, great for drawing some butterflies and moths. Next year, I should have at least 20 varieties of MG's to choose from.

o

I would also like some of your purple moonvine seeds. I have "Blue Star" morning glories: extremely pale blue with a medium blue star in the middle. We could trade other things if you'd like to check my list.
Thanks,
Robin

o

I have just finshed harvesting Datura seed of the Double blue metel variety (a night bloomer) I'd be willing to swap.
I also have a fair portion of cardinal climber. And some agastache- anise hyssop of some variety that practically glows in low light.

o

Pond, I would like some of your seeds. Please email me and THANKS!

o

Hi, I have white moon flower vine seeds and would LOVE to trade you for some of your color. Don't you just love going outside on a warm summer night and having that first scent hit you, its so intoxicating!
I also grow Morning Glory and Scarlet runner bean all on the same trellis, so I have both Morning, Noon and Night!
Please take a look at my trade list and see if there is anything else you would like. My list is under DebraQ.
Please email me so we can set this up.
Thanks~~~Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moon Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here