Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justjoeygirl

Anyone else adding bulbs to their moon gardens this fall?

JustJoeyGirl
18 years ago

I have a large box of new additions to my white garden that I will be putting in the ground for adding to the the spring show. I was wondering how everyone did with their white gardens this year, and what is in the works for next year..things you'd keep? Things you'd leave out next time?

I am adding more heirloom daffodils, newer daffs, several white tulips, more asiatic and oriental lilies, as well as some more species lilies. I am adding more squill and muscari, a few more hyacinths and more leucojum, ipheon and more crocus.

The spring showing was great last year, but with the drought of 4 full months of no rain, then the torrential record breaking rain in October, I have no idea what will return next year, what will not. I am trying to add some more of the things I already have, but different types so if the original items that have been there for years come back, I'll just have added to it.

I am hoping my camassia come back, I know they like moisture, I hope the drought didn't wipe them out, I didn't order replacements for them. I know I must have lost some perennials and even a shrub or two. I think spring will tell, when things start making their appearances. I know the baptisia took it like a trooper, didn't flinch a bit..even the eupatorium made it through looking pretty good. It was getting pretty full in there, so now I'll have an opportunity to add to it what I may not have had room for in the past. I am hoping my 6 year old tree peony made it through, it looked pretty bad towards the end.

Well that's about it, how did you all make out this year, and what's up your sleeve for next season? JoAnn

Sponsored