Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: free roses to pick-up in central il

Posted by glassmouse z5-Cent IL (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 12, 06 at 14:17

I have some roses to give away to anyone who can come pick them up in the Champaign-Urbana/Bloomington-Normal, IL area. The roses are:

--The Prince
--Yves Piaget
--Hot Cocoa
--also possibly The Fairy

The first three are potted and were ordered from Keith's Krazy Garden Shed (so OK, but not the best quality, maybe). I also don't spray, so they don't look all that great right now, but would probably spring back with someone who will give them more care. "The Fairy" is in pretty good shape, but will have to be dug up. It's a few years old but not very large since it's not getting enough sun where it's planted.

I simply don't have enough full sun in my backyard for roses; I thought the solution would be to have them in pots on my deck, but I'm running out of room to overwinter them in the garage--so I'd be grateful for someone to adopt them before winter sets in!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: free roses to pick-up in central il

Hi
I have been looking for yves piaget in the local nursaries and would be happy to have it.It would be convenient if the pick upis from bloomingtonn-normal area.Thanks in advance for responding.
Dana

o

Would you like to do an in person spring trade in CU?

o

If Hot Cocoa is still up for exchange, I'm also in CU area and wouldn't mind trying to keep it alive. X)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here