Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: have: free in indianapolis

Posted by ademink z5 IN (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 23, 04 at 12:50

Ok folks, too much of this that and the other in the garden. I hate to just pitch stuff so if you're in the Indy area and want to drop by, the following are FREE! (Though I'd also welcome woodland/shade plant donations!) :)

Yellow Tickseed Coreopsis
Purple coneflowers
A HUGE yucca plant that's been living outside in it's pot for 2 years now.
Black Knight butterfly bushes
Some other purple variety of butterfly bushes
Lemon Balm
Yellow sedum
If you want ivy, I'll chop you some starts
Garlic chive seeds
Sedum...shorter than Autumn Joy and brighter yellow...VERY nice but too big so need to split!
Purple iris
Orange day lilies...double orange blossoms (heirloom..been around at least 70 years according to the prev. owners)
Ribbon grass
Purple Hyacinth vine seed pods
Sweet Autumn clematis (Queen Anne's Lace vine) starts

Burdock and dandelions...hehe...just kidding ;)

That's all I can think of for now...I'll post more later as it comes to me!

Please email me at:
andrea@perennialobsession.com

Thanks! :)
Andrea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: have: free in indianapolis

Hi there,

I have a variagated Hosta and a deep almost blood red Peony that needs splitting, both of these grow happily in the shade on our farm East of KC MO.

I would be more than happy to pay for all mailing costs if you were interested in a trade for a a couple of the clematis starts and a couple of hyacinth pods.

Thanks in advance

Steve the UKtransplant

o

Are the plants still available? I have a few verigated hosta to trade. PLMK

o

Yes, anything left? :) Or expect the same surplus this fall? I will have lots to trade. :) Just send me an email...thanks!!

o

I, too am interested to know if any of these are still available.
Thanks, Tina

o

I'm up to my eyeballs in work right now but will put a new list together and post it here with the same "free in indianapolis" title when I have my extras gathered! :) Probably about two weeks. Thanks!

o

Hi,
This is the 1st time on this site, so I'll tell you that I mostly have sunny seeds to swap. Marigold, 4o'clocks,red sage,mexican daisy,orange sunflower (more like a bush)and alot of balsam. In the spring I can probably come up with some lily of the valley starts. Also I have some blue balloon flowers that grew up in the midst of the lillies, they usually flourish in the sun though.
If interested let me know and I will get a bunch of seeds ready to send to you.
Lisa

o

Have a LOT of lily of the valley - you dig! Also have woodland plants including trillium, bloodroot and mayapple - you also dig;-) I'd take anything in trade but not necessary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here