Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buck Rose favorites for the Midwest

Posted by jamlover z4 Iowa (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 11, 05 at 10:45

Which Buck roses___ your top 5__ would you recommend to others in zone 5 or colder for pleasant additions to your beds. I only have 3 and they are very young. Got them as rooted cuttings last spring and boy did they take off. Flowers right away and so nice. Really surprised me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buck Rose favorites for the Midwest

My favorite is "care free beauty" don't know if you have it. If not - get it. No garden should be without this rose - it is so easy and prolific.

Other than that - I have had bad luck with my Bucks so far as disease resistance and growth rates. BUT I do have to say that the flowers on Pearlie Mae and Prairie Star are beautiful.

o
RE: Buck Rose favorites for the Midwest

I'd suggest: Hawkeye Belle, Earth Song, Aunt Honey, Distant Drums, and Paloma Blanca or Spanish Rhapsody. All are hardy in zone 5, and E.S., A.H. and D.D have some scent. The others have little or none, to my nose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here