Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hydrangea Macrophylla Endless Summer and Blushing Bride

Posted by plant_nanny z5KaneIL (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 25, 07 at 13:07

I am planning to spiff up my woodland garden this spring and I'd like to plant 3 hydrangea bushes in it. The site is beneath 2 mature white oaks and a white pine. It gets about 3 or 4 hours of direct sun in the morning and dappled sun on and off in the afternoon. I am thinking about Endless Summer and wonder what other gardeners think about the shrub. I am also looking at Blushing Bride. Does anyone have any advice about these hydrangeas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydrangea Macrophylla Endless Summer and Blushing Bride

Blushing bride was introduction of last year and looked quite nice in the nurseries. Prices were too steep for me so I will have to wait. Endless summer I had for couple of years and it has been relialbe performer for me. We shall see how they tolerate this winter when they almost went into full bud this unusually warm Jan.

o
RE: Hydrangea Macrophylla Endless Summer and Blushing Bride

I have Endless SUmmer in NE KS. Its on the north side and is in year two and has done well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here