Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much ground space would you need for John Davis Rose?

Posted by judy_4 4MN (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 10, 06 at 15:47

How much ground space would you need for John Davis Rose? I know it gets to be about 8 Ft Tall. Would you need about a 3 x 3 ft space, 4 x 4, or what? Does it mainly grow tall or do you need alot of room on the ground also?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much ground space would you need for John Davis Rose?

Judy,
I have 3 of these roses. One is new. The other 2 have grown very tall around 6-7 feet. They grow wide, around 3 or 4 feet, but I prune the side branches to encourage growth upward. Its a great rose that gets some powdery mildew towards the end of the gardening season. I don't spray my roses since I have 3 dogs and they love to be in the garden. I'm sure that you can use some commercial product to get rid of it. Other than that, you'll love this rose for the heavy flush of blooms, hardiness, and sheer beauty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here