Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chicagoland Flower & Garden Show

Posted by rockford255 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 7, 08 at 11:32

Is anyone planning on going to the Show that runs from March 8th to the 16th?
Or did anyone go last year?
Thinking about going???????
Larry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chicagoland Flower & Garden Show

I'm going and I'm quite excited.

o

I have thought about going, because I really miss the Navy Pier show--it wasn't a huge show, but the displays were imaginative and I loved the vendor assortment. I probably won't go, however, because it's a 6 hour drive for me from Des Moines probably wouldn't be worth it--I heard that it just wasn't the same show that was held at the Navy Pier. If you go, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

o

I went to the show last year and was very disappointed. It wasn't anywhere near as nice as in the past. They said it would be better this year and I would love to know if it was.

o

I posted the same question over in the Great Lakes forum. I realize it's a bit late to be asking this since the last day of the show is tommorrow but I'm worried I might be missing out on something.

They promised last year that this year would be better since they had more time to line up vendors and lecturers.

Comments - good, bad, mixed?

o

Since no one's responded I get the feeling the show wasn't worth going.

o

gonativegal, maybe no one has commented because this particular forum gets so little traffic!

The Kansas City area lawn and garden show is next weekend and it also is questionable as to whether it's worth attending. If the weather is bad, I'm not sure I need the extra reminder that it's toooo long before serious gardening can begin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here