Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chicago Flower and Garden Show

Posted by eviem z5,IL (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 19:11

Did anyone attend this? I went with a friend today and we were very disappointed. The displays weren't anything special and none of the plants had names posted. It was nothing like the ones I remember in the past. It sure didn't seem to be worth the $12 admission. I'm just curious what others thought.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chicago Flower and Garden Show

Yes... I went the day it opened on Saturday, I expected a scaled-down show since the organizers were having problems - for a while the event was off, etc. I was actually very pleased, bought some stuff from the Fox Nursery (love that place), got some info on my new arbor project and contacts for illuminating of my garden and the house.

It is true it wasn't as big as previous years but this was expected.

Overall I was very happy the Chicago Flower Show took place, it can only get better.

o
RE: Chicago Flower and Garden Show

I expected it to be smaller and I am glad it was good. I may go next year. I could not this year because I was too busy. But it beats beating the downtown madness that I dealt with in previous years I tried to go to the show.
Thanks for your opinions. How crowded was it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here