Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hooow about this weather!!!!

Posted by chigardener z5 Chicago (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 08 at 21:56

So as I was parking at home after coming back from getting my son shoes for Easter I noticed the HUGE cottonball-esque snowflakes falling down on the windshield. Ah, welcome to Chicago-style spring! I'm really hoping, THIS YEAR, to be able to dig up that back yard that looks rather sci-fi right now with the dead woody weeds and dormant plumb tree sprouts that keep on coming up no matter how much RoundUp and other killer I put down! I really think those tree roots have grown over into the dirt of our yard and no matter how much the neighbor says she's gonna cut them down because they don't produce any (good) fruit, they still remain.

There's a lot I have to still plan out and budget for so I'm not really upset about this snow!! We can't really get in the ground good here until almost may anyway and I haven't started a seedtray yet!!!!

will post later. maybe start a blog! happy gardening. . .my son is dancing on/in my arm right now!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hooow about this weather!!!!

We finally had our first stretch of nice weather (3 days in a row!). My garden finally dried-out enough to be tilled, and so on the 15th and 16th, I was able to plant my first garden of the season, 3 rows onions, 4 rows peas, spinach, lettuce, radishes, and beets. I also planted some Bachelor's Buttons. I have tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and flowers growing under lights in the basement and it is time for tomatoes to be transplanted into larger containers and begin hardening them off. Until this week, the daytime temps have struggled to reach 50, so I haven't been in any hurry. Now it is time to kick into high gear.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here