Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nurseries worth visiting in Ohio

Posted by flora2 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 08 at 23:48

Hi
We are going to be in the Cleveland, Columbus area sometime during the second week in April. I realize it might be a tad early for this, but, can anyone recomend a nursery I should not miss during my visit? Thanks a lot for the help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nurseries worth visiting in Ohio

When your in columbus Oakland park nursery is very nice, a great selection and they almost all look great.

o
RE: Nurseries worth visiting in Ohio

yes, Oakland Park is nice.

Also, Ehmann's and Sons, near Grove City has about the greatest selection of annuals I've seen.

Anderson's near Sawmill Road is great for shrubs.

Strader's is good for buying 'things' to put in the garden, or for accessories like pots and birdhouses.

Baker's Acres is north Cols. and there is another one close by there that I keep forgetting the name of... oh darn. Cedar Brook, maybe? It's down the road and around the corner from Baker's Acres.

Then, south on 23 - around Circleville or maybe just south of there, is a small nursery called Royal Nursery (I think), on the East side of 23, resembles an old hotel set-up, has good prices, and some interesting stuff, as well as smaller shrubs at affordable prices, should you need lots of them.

Oh, there's more for sure - but I can't even remember the name of most of them, I just know where they are.

Oh, if you go to Sutherland's, you can sometimes get great bargains on perennials and annuals. I purchased a mass of primrose for 25 cents each one year. Their annuals are a little smaller than typical and just about 1/2 the price of them too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here