Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please try 'Flower Scent Gardens', everyone!

Posted by pitimpinai z5 Chicago (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 05 at 7:49

I am a long time Bluestone customer, but last fall several people here or on the Cutflower forum were raving about Chrysanthemum 'Emperor of China'. I searched everywhere and found it at a reasonable price at the Flower Scent Gardens. I was a bit skeptical about ordering from someone I had not heard of, but some of you highly recommended this grower.
My 'Emperor of China' arrived yesterday without fanfare. There should have been a reception line and a big parade for the Emperor! Wow....I have never received a larger and healthier looking plant for $3.50 each! Bluestone, move over!

This is a very small grower, though..a one man operation. I think he has only one greenhouse. He does everything himself, does not have a fancy catalog, but every entry is lovingly described. His love for plants really showed in the plants and package he mailed.........which is exceptional. And a fellow composter will appreciate his packaging; he stuffed the box with shredded newspaper and he recycled his shipping box!

I'll have to hunt down his catalog and send him an email.
Here's the address:

Flower Scent Gardens
14820 Moine Rd.
Doylestown, OH 44230-9744
Phone & Fax: (330) 658 5946
E-mail address: fsg@brightdsl.net

I wish I had more room. I will definitely order from him again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please try 'Flower Scent Gardens', everyone!

What a great review! Make sure you go over to Dave's Garden Watchdog and put in an evaluation for him there. A lot of people read that site.

o

Yes, thank you for reminding me that. I added my comments on the Gardenwatchdog this morning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flowerscentgardens

o

I ordered some plants the other day, because I was impressed with your review and the site. I'll let you know how it goes. I did get all unusual plants, for me anyways.

o

I haven't even GOTTEN my plants from there yet, and I already love this place! I accidentally stumbled across Flower Scent when was looking for Chocolate Cosmos....got sucked in by the reference to Oompa Loompas...and have ordered a bunch of things that should arrive next week.

In the meantime, though, I'm swooning over the customer service. The nice emails from Glenn (when I screwed up the ship-to date and kept adding to my original order), the updates, the catalog I got in the mail....everything is just perfect. I can't wait to get my plants - I'm sure they'll be as wonderful as I've heard, and I'm sure I'll be giving you all a happy update in about a week's time. :-)

GG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here