Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
air conditioner

Posted by leasag 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 05 at 13:58

I would like to hide our air conditior. Hubby is worried about safety, performance, air intake and out ect. Can both our needs be met? How much room around it does this thing need? It is a smaller unit on the coveted, cooler east side of the house, about 5X5.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: air conditioner

When we bought our house a couple of years ago, the home inspection guy specifically noted that we would need to clear away all the foliage that had grown up around the air conditioning unit, so we trimmed everything back with at least a foot of clearance on each side--but it's in a particularly dense part of the shrub border that was already here, and I have to trim it back quite a bit, and it can be hard to get to in later summer. I might suggest doing something like one of those trellis things you can get to shield your garbage cans, and using vines to shield it. That way, maybe you can direct the growth up instead of out, where it would have to be whacked back every now and then.

o

my old trane HE XE 800 just went bust! the model number is
TTB742A100A0. How do I know how many btu's or tonnage this old baby was rated? thank you for your help. I am wanting to buy another Trane but need to know this first.

o

The trellis idea sounds great. Just make sure that air outflow is not obstructed.

Also make it difficult to get in and out. Melt copper has high value on the marketplace today...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here